Mac Yellow Line
When I resumed my computer about a week ago, Mac Yellow Line appeared on my screen about a quarter of the way from the left. I’ve tried rebooting and updating the software several times, but it’s still there (see photo).
It doesn’t affect the performance of the iMac, but being a designer, it’s a pretty big deal for me. Thoughts?
Mac Yellow Line and How to Fix It
My MacBook Air (Early 2014) screen suddenly started showing a thin Mac Yellow Line vertical line in the middle of the screen, from top to bottom (Catherine).
- When I acquired a screenshot, the line did not appear
- I did a hardware test and found no problem.
- Resetting PRAM and SMC does not solve the problem
- The line is also displayed in safe mode
- The unsuccessful thing is that there is NO nearby Apple Authorized Service Provider to send for evaluation (plus, it’s a pandemic, so travelling far isn’t easy).
- I’m hoping someone can provide an answer as to what I can do.
To fix many PC complications, we recommend Restore PC Repair Tool:
This software will fix common computer errors, protect against file loss, malware, hardware failure, and optimize your PC for maximum performance. Resolve PC problems and remove viruses now in 3 easy steps:
- Download Restore PC Repair Tool, which comes with patented technologies (patent available here).
- Click Start Scan to scan for Windows issues that may be causing problems for the PC.
- Click Repair All to resolve issues affecting your computer’s security and performance
- Restore was downloaded by 657,095 readers this month.
- MacBooks are great devices and are the biggest competitors to Windows computers. They offer a sleek look, great user interface, and performance, so it’s no wonder so many people use them.
- However, you may also encounter issues on your Mac, which many users have reported display issues.
- According to users, their MacBook screen is covered with lines. It can be a major obstacle interfering with your work, so it is important to address it.
- It’s probably a hardware issue, but there are a few solutions you can try to fix this problem on your MacBook.
Why are mac yellow lines appearing on my MacBook screen?
Usually, Mac Yellow Line look on your MacBook screen due to overheating or hardware failure. Users claim that the T-CON board overheats, which leads to this problem.
In MacBooks, this card is positioned near the heatsink, which leads to overheating, especially during resource-intensive tasks.
Can the macOS update fix this problem?
It is most likely a hardware subject, and updating your system will not do much. Even if you try to update, your MacBook may get stuck while updating.
If you experience this issue, try cooling down or cleaning your device and ensuring it doesn’t overheat.
What to do if the MacBook screen is covered Mac Yellow Line
1. Reset SMC and NVRAM
- Shut down your MacBook. Once it turns off, turn it vertebral on.
- Hold down the Selection, Command, P, and R keys.
- Release the keys after range the startup sound a second time. On models with a T2 chip, you’ll need to release the keys when the Apple logo appears and disappears a second time.
- To reorganized SMC on models with the T2 chip, do the following:
- Shut down your MacBook.
- Hold down the Left Ctrl key, Left Option (Alt), and Right Shift key.
- Hold down the buttons for 7 seconds. And Hold down the power button without discharging the buttons.
- Now you need to hold down all four buttons for about 7 seconds.
- Release the keys, wait 30 seconds, and turn on your MacBook.
- For models without a T2 chip, you can reset SMC as follows:
- Shut down your MacBook.
- Grip down the Left Shift, Left Ctrl, and Left Option (Alt) keys.
- While holding the buttons from the previous step, press and hold the power button.
- Hold down all four buttons for about 10 seconds.
- Release the keys, wait 20 seconds, and turn your MacBook back on.
2. Use additional cooling
When your Mac overheats, you may see Mac Yellow Line on your screen. In this case, use reliable fan control software and increase the airflow.
Alternatively, you can try using a cooling pad for intense tasks. Please note that this tip may not work for everyone.
3. Try an external display
It is just a solution, but it will help you determine if the problem is with your display or the GPU. Just connect any HDTV to your MacBook with an HDMI cable and see if the Mac Yellow Line appear on the second screen.
If not, it means your MacBook screen is faulty. If the lines seem on the external display, the problem is with your graphics card.
Both are hardware issues. So your best approach is to contact the Apple repair centre to get them fixed.
Also Read: What is 10 of 7000?
Review What is Mac Yellow Line?.